This course is aimed at people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within an organisation.
After successfully completing the course your staff will be better able to:
• Describe the legal, moral and financial role of Operational Directors, owners of small businesses and Senior Executives, including their responsibilities, liabilities and accountabilities, both personal and organisational
• Explain the importance of safety and health at top management level and how integrating those objectives into other business management objectives can help to minimise risk, reduce losses and make better use of time and resources
• Illustrate how to plan the direction for safety and health through developing and implementing a safety and health policy, and integrating it into business systems
• Explain the value of an adequately resourced and efficient safety and health management system, the value and benefits of training at all levels, and when to access competent advice
• Outline the benefits of good safety and health management systems, the consequences of failure to manage effectively, and how to ensure internal controls are working
The course will be presented in a highly interactive style with open discussions and reference to developments in criminal and civil law with group and syndicate case studies available for use to help build on the core course contents.
On successful completion of a short answer test, the delegate will receive an IOSH certificate.
Book Classroom Course
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
Upcoming available dates
Six or more delegates, have you considered in house delivery?