You will be based at home with regular travel, including some overnight stays, working closely with other Ligtas team members. You will deliver excellent services to clients across a variety of sectors, including property, manufacturing, retail and banking. You will be client-focused, optimising performance to achieve the best results.
To undertake fire door inspections and fire compartmentation surveys across various property types ranging from residential, healthcare, retail, industrial, infrastructure, education and commercial.
We are looking for someone to be responsible for the management and on-site completion of fire door inspections and passive fire protection surveys; someone who can ensure works are fully completed whilst ensuring a high level of customer service is provided and contributing to the overall objectives and success of the business.
* The role is a trainee role. Support and training will be provided for a successful candidate, including an accredited fire door inspection course and onsite training with experienced health, safety, and fire consultants.
Reporting to the operations team, you would:
- Carry out fire door inspections and have completed reports/ documentation returned to the office for processing accurately and on time
- Carry out passive fire protection surveys and have completed reports/ documentation returned to the office for processing accurately and on time
- Ensure the jobs are delivered on time and within budget
Personal Development Opportunities
In addition to your salary and benefits, you will have the opportunity for career growth in the field of Health & Safety consultancy.
We will support you in pursuing professional certification and accreditation in areas such as health & safety, fire safety and water management through recognised bodies, e.g. NEBOSH, IOSH and The Water Management Society.
You will also benefit from mentorship, coaching, seminars, workshops and other training courses to stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry.
The Ideal Candidate
- An organised and planned approach to work, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and customer service/people skills
- Be able to work as part of a team but have the initiative to work independently
- IT Literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft platforms and mobile app platforms for report writing
- Full UK driving license
- Willing to increase knowledge and skills
- An understanding of Fire Doors & Fire Stopping principles
- An understanding of Health and Safety principles
- Experience in Health and Safety or Fire Safety
- Experience in the building in the construction trade
Salary & Company Benefits
- Competitive Salary – Starting at £25,000 per year, increasing in line with successful career progression*
- Choice of a company car, salary sacrifice scheme or car allowance (£6,000)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Excellent Pension
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Personal development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, modern, progressive team
* If you are someone who demonstrates a positive attitude and initiative in supporting Ligtas to achieve its goals and contribute to the organisation’s success, then your career growth (and salary) can be accelerated.
See the website www.ligtas.co.uk/careers/ for more details on the benefits package.
Don’t forget to read about us and our culture - checking to make sure we would be a great fit. Then, when you are ready to apply, send your CV and cover letter to enquiries. Tell us what you can bring to our team and what motivated you to apply.
Ligtas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sectors.
Download the job specification here.