Water is an integral part of our buildings, so good water hygiene and legionella management is an essential aspect of compliance. The growth of bacteria in water systems is common and legionella bacteria under specific conditions can proliferate in the built environment.
Legionella is one of many premises issues that can impact people within a short space of time if the building water services are not managed correctly. To make sure you are managing your building’s water systems correctly you should have the following:
• A current Legionella Risk Assessment
• A Legionella Written Scheme
• Management Records
• Evidence of Training
Many elements of water maintenance can be contracted out, but you must be able to fully trust what you have in place.
How we can help
Ligtas are a member of the Legionella Control Association (LCA) with highly qualified and experienced water safety consultants.
Our experienced and competent staff, who are members of the Water Management Society, can assist in achieving full legislative compliance which can be tailored to your needs.
Water Safety Services
The services we provide include:
- Strategic Level Legionella Management Reviews
- Legionella Risk Assessments
- Legionella Written Schemes
- Water Management Documentation
- Independent Water Consultancy
- Water Quality Testing
- Management Policies, Reviews and Systems
- Legionella Awareness Training
- Legionella Management Training
Benefits of Water Safety Management
- By using Ligtas you will be confident that you are using highlyskilled and experienced experts.
- Our legionella riskassessments are accredited by the Legionella Control Association, providing you with re-assurance that our consultants and their assessments are to a high level.
- Maintaining good water hygiene management reduces the risks from legionella outbreaks, which can be fatal.