Senior Fire Consultant
With over 25 years of experience in the consulting sector, Ligtas are looking to recruit high-calibre team players. We deliver customer focussed audits, risk assessments and general consultancy advice to enable safe environments for our clients across the UK.
London & South East England
You will be based at home with regular travel including some overnight stays, working closely with other Ligtas team members, you will deliver excellent services to clients across a variety of sectors including property, manufacturing, retail and banking. You will be client-focused, optimising performance to achieve the best results.
- Accredited Fire Risk Assessment Qualification (FPA C05 or equivalent).
- Familiarisation with legislation and approved codes of practice, such as DCLG guidance, HTM codes, British Standards, NFCC guidance
- Good understanding of Approved Document B and BS9999 / BS9991 - including their application.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Conscientious and enthusiastic
- Member of professional Fire Safety body e.g. IFSM, IFPO or IFE
- Proven experience carrying out Fire Risk Assessments in a range of properties i.e. residential, commercial, retail etc.
- Experience in consultancy services
- Able to work in multi-functional teams and independently
- Working towards CFPA Europe Diploma or equivalent
- Other relevant fire safety qualifications, i.e. FPA C07 advanced fire risk assessment, BS9999
- Other relevant fire safety industry experience or Fire and Rescue Service experience.
- To undertake fire risk assessments across a variety of property types ranging from residential, healthcare, retail, industrial, infrastructure, education and commercial
- Experience in developing retrospective fire strategies and, potentially, for new build/refurbishment projects – though not full fire engineered solutions.
- To provide quality & technical monitoring through the BAFE SP205 scheme
- To provide fire safety consultancy role to assist our clients with their portfolios
- To provide technical support to other consultants within the business on fire safety matters
- Assist in developing further fire-related opportunities through technical articles, speaking opportunities, bid writing support, and product development.
- Competitive salary
- Company car/ car allowance
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Excellent pension plan
- Healthcare Cash plan
- Life assurance
- Personal development opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of a modern, progressive team
Salary and Working Hours
Don’t forget to read about us and our culture - checking to make sure we would be a great fit.
Then when you are ready to apply send your CV and cover letter to Simon Jones.
Tell us why you and what you can bring to our team and what motivated you to apply.