The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is a global relevant fire safety qualification that you can complete in just one week. This qualification can help you protect people, property, and ultimately your business from the harm a fire can cause. The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety is ideal for:
- Those responsible for fire safety in low to medium risk workplaces
- Health and Safety managers
- Facilities Managers
- Health and safety representatives within businesses
This relevant and respected fire safety qualification will help you to:
- Gain a solid technical foundation to build on through practical application and experience
- Positively influence fire safety behaviors and improve fire safety culture
- Learn fire safety techniques that are based on global best practice
- Provide valuable in-house fire safety expertise for your workplace
- Advance your career by gaining specialist fire safety knowledge
- Avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that result from fire
On completion of the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety, you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand fire and explosion protection and prevention principles
- Carry out an effective fire risk ass
- Delegate assessment in a low to medium-risk workplace
This qualification has a two-step assessment process which consists of:
1. An open book examination: you will be able to complete this at home or in another safe and suitable location where you can concentrate. You will be presented with a scenario that describes a realistic workplace and situation. You will then be asked to carry out a series of tasks using evidence presented in the scenario as well as the underpinning knowledge you have gained through your studies and revision.
You will have 24 hours to complete and submit your paper - though you should be able to complete it in 4-5 hours.
2. A practical fire risk assessment: the fire risk assessment has been developed around fire risk assessment standards such as the Home Office fire guidance and PAS79-1:2020.
Both assessments will be marked by an external examiner appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
Delegates are awarded the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety upon successful completion.
Registration for exams closes 3-weeks prior to the exam date.
Exam fees are charged in addition to the course fees. Exam fees and admin charges are non-refundable or transferrable within 3 weeks of the exam date.
FC1 registration fee £75 (no VAT) plus £55+ VAT admin fee
FCS2 registration fee £75 (no VAT) plus £25+ VAT admin fee
A 6-month access extension can be applied to your course at a cost of £185+VAT to discuss this option please contact us.
Please note Exam fees are charged in addition to the course fee.
Who is this course for?
Supervisors and personnel who are responsible for fire safety.