The NEBOSH Fire Certificate course is split into the three units of study, each of which is assessed separately:
- Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Unit FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of Fire and Explosion
- Causes and prevention of Fire Explosions
- Fire Protection in Buildings
- Safety of People in the Event of a fire
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- Unit FC2: Workplace-Based Practical Assessment (Fire Risk Assessment)
After successfully completing the course you’ll be better able to:
- Understand the legal framework relating to fire safety
- Appreciate the purpose and procedures of investigating fires in the workplace
- Outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedure
- Use a simple fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
The delegate must also complete a Practical Fire Risk Assessment.
Delegates are awarded the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, upon successful completion.
Registration for exams closes 3-weeks prior to the exam date.
Exam fees are charged in addition to the course fees. Exam fees and admin charges are non-refundable or transferrable within 3 weeks of the exam date.
A 6-month access extension can be applied to your course at a cost of £185+VAT to discuss this option please contact us.
Please note Exam fees are charged in addition to the course fee.
Who is this course for?
Supervisors and personnel who are responsible for fire safety.