Covering a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles, this course will give learners an understanding of the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the management tools and skills that they will need when working within this area.
The course is designed to raise the professional competence of environmental practitioners, while offering a flexible method of learning.
The duration of the course is 12 months which includes access to multimedia and comprehensive course materials, IEMA assessment and a certificate.
• Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
• Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
• Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
• Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
• Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
• Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
• Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
• Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
• Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
• Engage with stakeholders
• Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
• Identify and propose ways to improve performance
• Support change and transformation to improve sustainability.
Your exam will take place online via the IEMA portal, exam dates are set by IEMA and there is a deadline date for registration, for further information please contact our training team. firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this course for?
This course has been developed for learners who are starting out in environmental management and want a solid foundation of environment and sustainability knowledge to build on. It is aimed at those who would like to gain Associate membership of IEMA.
As required by IEMA the course fee includes 1 year membership.