The General Health and Safety Awareness course is designed to ensure that delegates understand that their actions contribute to health and safety in the workplace, and that individual responsibilities are clearly understood.
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Explain the consequences to both the individual and their organisation if they fail to work safely
- Define the terms hazard, risk and risk controls
- Explain the importance of risk assessment
- Describe the role of a health and safety management system
- Understand how industry affects the environment, and list the ways in which individuals can minimise pollution and waste
- Appreciate the importance of: emergency plans and procedures, safe systems of work, accident reporting, inspection and monitoring, personal protective equipment, safety signs, and first aid.
Who is this course for?