The New Role of the Building Safety Manager Webinar Replay
On the 14th of May 2021, Ligtas ran a successful webinar about the role of the Building Safety Manager. Over 100 people registered.
Speaker: Anthony Taylor
Chair of Working Group 8 which delivered The Report: ‘Safer People, Safer Homes: Building Safety Management’
Working Group 8 is the cross-sector working group charged with developing the competence framework for the new statutory BSM and Lead of the British Standards Institution’s Built Environment Competence Standards (BECS) Strategy Group for the Building Safety Manager Publicly Available Specification (PAS).
Did you know?
Under new legislation currently being introduced through the Draft Building Safety Bill, those deemed responsible in law for the safety of higher-risk buildings, such as the landlord, will be required to appoint a Building Safety Manager. In the Bill, buildings that fall in the higher-risk category are multi-occupied residential buildings of 18m or above, or six or more storeys in height, including student accommodation. It is anticipated that the scope will be extended over the years to cover, amongst others, hospitals, prisons, care homes and ultimately offices.
Are you ready?
- Do you know the requirements for the role of Building Safety Manager?
- Do you currently have the knowledge to know how competence will be assessed, how it will be measured, and the ongoing competence required?
- Have you got a plan in place?
What we covered…
- An update on the timetable of changes
- Explanation of the scope
- A briefing on the various roles and responsibilities under the Bill
- An introduction to Building Risk Assessments
- Advance notice into the required competence levels
- What property owners, property managers and facility managers can do to prepare for the changes
- Advice on what “good” looks like
You will walk away with… A better understanding of the upcoming changes and be ready to create a plan of action.