The aim of this 1/2 day course is to help employers satisfy the need for legionella awareness training.
Regular refresher training should be given and records of all initial and refresher training should be retained.
Who is this course for?
Employees who are appointed as responsible for water systems and or carry out the control measure strategies.
After successful completion of the course delegates will be able to explain:
- The background of legionella
- Who is susceptible?
- Conditions for growth of legionella
- Relevant legal framework and motivators including HSE/s Approved Code of Practice L8
- Risk assessment of water systems
- Water hygiene regimes and control measures
- Legionella problems and solutions
- Effective management of water systems
- Case studies and group discussions
- Course evaluation and final question
Certification will be given on successful completion of the course.