NEBOSH and Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), have jointly developed a new one day qualification that shows how non-complex incidents can be investigated effectively.
By learning lessons and making improvements, organisations can avoid similar incidents occurring in the future.
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be provided with a pack of evidence and shown a video of three witness interviews. You’ll be asked to review the evidence, evaluate each interview and produce an action plan that will help prevent a recurrence of an incident.
A NEBOSH certificate will be issued upon successful completion.
Call for Dates and prices
Who is this course for?
Who is this for?
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively.
Employers, supervisors, SHE champions, union and safety representatives will benefit.
Attending the course will enable you to:
• Independently investigate simple incidents
• Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
• Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
• Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
• Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
Employers will gain a number of benefits from giving their staff the opportunity to take this qualification, including:
• Drives down repeat incidents – learn lessons so it doesn’t happen again
• Confidence that your organisation’s approach to investigations is robust
• Improved safety culture by encouraging a proactive approach to incident investigation
• Build in-company expertise
• An approach to incident investigations that reflects best practice
The one day NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation covers the following topics:
• Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
• Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
• The process for investigating incidents
• Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
Available for in house / on-site delivery please contact us for further information and costs